Sunday, February 28, 2010

Valentine and Asian Snacks



We got a Valentine from Tiffany and Jarrod. Thanks. We taped it to our door.

There wasn't a whole lot of exciting things to write about this week. I did get the truck window fixed on Monday. Safelite came right to work and fixed it in the parking lot. What a great job they did! The technician, Michael, was very friendly and professional. He took extra care to be sure that every piece of glass was vacuumed from the inside of the door. He made sure that there was no glass in the window tracks and ran the window up and down several times, running a tool down the tracks each time until there were no squeaks  from bits of glass.
I was really pleased with the quality of the replacement window. There were no waves in the glass like I got in my windshield which I had replaced last July by Technaglass.

The rest of the week was just work, work, work. Friday was my day off, but in spite of the longer weekend we didn't go anywhere or do anything. I think I might have been a little gun shy of leaving my truck in a parking lot again. Post Traumatic Parking Syndrome (PTPS).

We went to a Chinese Restaurant on Saturday that was in a strip mall next to an Asian super market. After lunch we went to the market just to look. Of course we left with lots of goodies like sesame crackers and almond cookies. I also bought a jar of pickled mango slices. Pickled green (unripe) mango has a bite to it that can't quite be described in words. Eating one by itself is an experience. I decided that I would chop one up and add it to some fire roasted red salsa. Now that was good.