Last Saturday we started out to go to the San Antonio temple (LDS) but got a late start and arrived after closing. We subsequently found out that not only does the temple close at noon on Saturday, it is only open by appointment. I am not sure why this is but I suspect it is for most optimal use of time and resources. Anyway, we then went to downtown San Antonio and started out to find the Alamo but we got detoured by an antique store and spent the rest of the afternoon looking and buying. We got some old carved wooden salt and pepper dispensers.Monday we went to Ci Ci's Pizza. It was ok but not as good as I remembered it. Our favorite restaurant so far is a small Chinese place in a local strip mall called Happy Guy. Trish hates the name but loves the food. All the food is prepared from scratch. No frozen egg rolls. All homemade from FRESH ingredients. I talked to the owner and found out that they have been at that same location for 17 years.
Tuesday we met with the bishop of our new ward. Bishop Andrews of the Timber Ridge Ward, extended to us callings as Ward Missionaries. We will be helping to fellowship new members and reach out to the less active.